Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Word from the Lab Rat (Joni)

I just wanted to post a little note on here, since it's been Justin who has been doing all the posting about my medical situation. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your prayers and concern - please keep them coming! I'm feeling alright, but I don't know which of my symptoms are just from the pregnancy and which are from any other ailments I may have! I think my body is taking a while to adjust to the new medicine, but I don't think I'm having any harmful side effects from it. Still nauseous, but that's just the pregnancy, I'm sure!

So I don't really have anything to update you with, besides the fact that we've submitted all my samples to the lab and have to go back Friday for the results. Other than that, things have settled into a pretty normal routine. I have finished my language lessons, so my only occupation is keeping the house, trying to stay healthy, and attempting to show Justin gratitude for the amazing tender care he is taking of me throughout this ordeal. He seems to be pleased with the dinners I'm crafting for him, and I have to say I'm rather enjoying them myself! :)

So I just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking, and I'm unbelievably grateful for your prayers and support, and I wanted to publicly acknowledge how wonderful my husband has been in taking care of me. Please keep up your prayers for my health, the baby, and Justin's perseverance in caring for us. Please pray also that Justin will be encouraged by being able to get back to the office this week and making progress on his projects.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, apparently I was wallowing in my shallow world and didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats and I am very happy for you!