Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Promised Photos

Here are the pictures I promised! First of all, this is Justin and I with our anniversary dinner. We are in our dining room at home, the flowers Justin bought me are on the left, and you can even see my infamous pot roast on our plates! Happy two years, my dear!

And this one is a tube of ice cream like I was describing. This is actually a kilogram (2.2 pounds), and it cost $2.25. What a yummy deal!

And this is just a random picture of Justin with a wax figure of Leonardo da Vinci. (You can see that Justin was taking meeting this great man very seriously...) Sunday afternoon we went downtown because we had heard that there were some wax figures that had been brought in from St. Petersburg on display at the Museum of History and Ethnography. I'm a little creeped out by wax figures, but it was just $1 each to get in, and this display was pretty cool. It was a pretty random collection of figures, including several Russian czars, Rasputin, Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Yuri Gagarin (the first man in space), Ghengis Kahn, King Tut, and Shrek, among others. We would've had to pay another $1 to take photos, so we just took the picture of da Vinci, who they had standing outside. It was definitely a fun experience and well worth the $2.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am cracking up that you're talking about all of these great or infamous historical figures ... and Shrek. Now that's funny!

I guess your apartment came fully furnished and decorated. Pretty cool.

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! You both look great! I love reading your blog and hearing what's going on in Moldova. I check your site daily!

Joni, are the language classes still going okay?

JTapp said...

I think that actually might be the best picture of us in our entire 2 years.