Monday, August 13, 2007

More News from Joni!

I just wanted to post a quick addendum to Justin's post because I need some special prayers for the next three weeks - I'm starting language school! Dan & Beth (see their picture in Justin's post) are going to be in Moldova for the next three weeks, and in that time, they want to take an intensive crash course in Romanian. Kelly (she's also in the picture) has been studying with a different teacher for the past two months, but she's discouraged at her lack of progress. So, for the next three weeks, the four of us are going to be totally immersing ourselves in Romanian! We have found a professional teacher named Adriana who is giving us a reasonable rate for a group class. We will meet at Dan & Beth's apartment every weekday from 11:30 to 1:30 - that's TWO HOURS a DAY! EVERY DAY for THREE WEEKS!!! Yikes! That sounds perfect for actually becoming competent in the language fast. But I think it will be an adventure and very exhausting. So please be in prayer for all of us as we take this crash course and try to learn how to communicate well!

6 comments:

Andrew's Mommy said...

That language school sounds terrifying but if anyone can do it, you all can! We have LOVED reading your blog - I check it each day!

Paula Gardner said...

Joni, you'll be a Romanian speaking star! It sounds fun, I would love to learn another language. Okay, I'd love to learn it with less pressure, but it will still be fun!

John said...

I shall mystically transmogrify all of my remarkable language learning skills to you so that you will be a Romanian speaking champ before you know it! (Maybe you shouldn't depend on my skills too much:)) Jan and I have done those language boot camps before... remember... there's no tears at language boot camp!! And, I'll be praying for you every day!

Kristy said...

You can do it Joni! You'll love it!

Charity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charity said...

Sooooo fun! You will love it, I'm sure! Seems like a good way to learn fast...Anna is taking Romanian in Romania at a much slower place and is feeling kinda discouraged at her progress. It's crazy you're both learning Romanian though! What about me??!! =) Hope it all goes well, and I look forward to hearing more about it as time goes along!